Your Stories!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here your thoughts, feelings, imagination, your STORIES!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71

Go down 
+2
katjuzka
Heli
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Marjolein

Marjolein

Number of posts : 1616
Ôüðïò : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-12-19

~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:50 pm

My dad's like that.. My mum's rather normal Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Number of posts : 1208
Ôüðïò : Thessaloniki Greece
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Heli wrote:
Shocked Wow, thank you Dimitra! Very Happy
Haha, I guess all moms have that kind of attitude sometimes.. Laughing
Ha, honey, that's where you're wrong, my mom's like that ALL the time!!! Morning till night, 24-7 365 days a YEAR!!! It's driving me nuts, I can't wait to leave the house and leave alone! Laughing My dad works a lot so he's ok!!! xD
Back to top Go down
http://yourstories.heavenforum.com
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Number of posts : 1108
Ôüðïò : Cyprus (Greece)
Registration date : 2008-12-20

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:34 pm

lol Dimitra!! hahaha my mom is kinda pushy too.. actually she's very pushy Mad but fortunately my dad is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:52 pm

Surprised All the time?! Ugh, that must me annoying. Laughing
My dad is okay but my mom can be really irritating sometimes... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Yep, all the time!!!! It's not just annoying, but tiring as well listening all th etime to the same things, at least if she had new things to say it might have been more interesting!!!!!
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:12 am

lol yeah i sooooooooooooo agree! i have the same problem xD

Last edited by xxolympiaxx on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hen

Hen

Number of posts : 757
Ôüðïò : Rokytnice nad Jizerou
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:07 am

Loved those parts Smile
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:00 pm

Thanks Hen!
New part coming soon I think.
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:19 pm

I gope so What a Face
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:37 pm

The weekend was coming closer and closer all the time. I had promised to go to a scout trip with my group of girls in the weekend. I had managed to book the cottage of our local group but I think we would sleep in tents because nights were so warm. We could only do the food inside the cottage, it was much nicer than start playing with the trip cooker outside. And if it starts raining, we can always go in but luckily they had promised a good sunny weather for the weekend. I made some last preparations, I called to every girl and made sure that lifts were okay and nothing surprising had happened. I didn’t bother myself to arrange any real show for the trip, the girls could decide what they wanted to do. Probably we would be out much, sunbathing, swimming in the lake near the cottage and taking the sauna, so it was going to be relaxing weekend with my own scouts. It was a good way to calm down my nerves after this week.

Already four of my ex-classmates had called me and asked about Pete. And I don’t even know how many had asked about it when meeting somewhere. So the rumours had spread quickly among the friends. Nobody believed my explanation that Pete had come to see the movie totally without I had known about it. Everybody still thought that I had something going on with him. Even the thought about it gave me goosebumps and shivers of disgust went through my back. No way, if they would ask me, I wouldn’t touch Pete even with a long stick. But they didn’t ask my point of view. So the whole circle of friends was talking about I had a possibly boyfriend. I, who had always claimed I didn’t need one. Luckily mom hadn’t heard about the rumours otherwise she wouldn’t have left me alone. So, I guess I totally deserved a little holiday from all this.

Well, at least something good had happened to me during the week. I believed that I and Vili had become a sort of friends. We saw each others almost every day when we happened to be out at the same time. We ended up talking and talking about everything. Vili had finally solved the problems with his dad, at least for a while. That was the thing his dad had wanted to talk about when he had got Vili from the centre when I was showing the city for him. So their things were better now, for a while at least. I hadn’t told to Vili about this problem which Pete had caused. It was better that as less people knew about it as possible.

On Friday dad took me and a few scouts to the cottage. The rest would come later. I was looking after six about 12-year-old girls alone and it wasn’t always that easy. Some of them wanted always test boundaries and my nerves also. Usually extra dishes, carrying water and doing firewood were enough for a punishment. I had already said that they really need to do a lot if they wanted me to be angry, but if you crossed that line…I wouldn’t take any response of it after that.

Dad helped to carry the drinking water and other massive stuff to inside and I reminded him to take us back home on Sunday. Finally the peace! Or that was what I thought. One of the girls, Tiia, was my ex-classmate’s Paula’s little sister. Paula had been the most curious person when it came to Pete and she had told the whole story to her little sister. And now this little smartass didn’t talk about anything else than my boyfriend and was asking about him all the time. I guess her big sister had told her to try to find out even something about me and Pete. It was going to be huge disappointment for her. I just had to think something which would shut her mouth. Telling I was a lesbian would be one option, but maybe too radical. I should explain a lot about that too afterwards. Maybe I could think about something later…

But nothing worked with Tiia. I put her to do extra dishes because I knew how she hated them. But after that Tiia threatened me that she would tell her mom that I treated her differently than others. So I didn’t have any other choice than use harder methods. I talked with her privately and told to her that my private things didn’t belong to her at all not even to her sister. Also her mother wouldn’t like if I called her and told that her daughter is more interested about my private life than developing the scout skills. This lecture finally shut Tiia’s mouth. I knew that their mom was tighter than my own. Everything what they did, had to be done well.

The rest of the time I kept the girls doing something all the time even I didn’t plan that first. I tested almost all possible skills I managed to think during that weekend starting from tying the knots. Girls had less time to gossip with each others when I put them to run one by one to a path where they had to do several things relating to scout. And the rest of the girls were doing something in the yard at the same time.

I don’t know if this short trip really relaxed me in any way when dad came to take us back to city on Sunday. A part of the girls seemed to be a bit exhausted and I heard murmuring that they hadn’t believed I would have put them to do all that while the sun was shining so brightly. They couldn’t blame anybody else than Tiia about that, she had annoyed my nerves too much. I just hoped that people would stop talking about me and Pete. I hated being in the centre of rumours, the city was so little that many people knew each others in some way at least.

It was only a week to Midsummer. It would be more boring this year than other years because Elina wasn’t at home. Otherwise it was more silent at home after Elina left. I couldn’t hear any girlish giggling through the door or music played really loud. How I had hated it when I tried to concentrate on something but I couldn’t because of the noise. And besides, Elina’s taste of music had been so different than mine, so even the music was too much for me. Now I felt I missed that noise. At least it had showed that there was life in the house. Timo was more with his friends in their houses than our house. And I didn’t tend to bring any friends here because I actually didn’t have anyone who I would have liked to invite here. I guess I had to get used to these changes. Life continued, wanted you it or not.
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Great part Heli =]
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks!
You don't have any idea how difficult it was to try to explain all the...all the... scratch what the hell is that word in English..? Shocked Holy cow! I know it in Swedish but can't remember the English one. I mean wtf? that's what studying causes, you learn new things but forget something instead of the new ones. *thinks a bit more...* Ah! terms! Laughing Well, anyway, all the terms which related some way to scout. I really didn't know any of them in English, I should have had a direct dictionary for them...
Back to top Go down
Hen

Hen

Number of posts : 757
Ôüðïò : Rokytnice nad Jizerou
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Nice part Smile
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Really great part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 am

Nice part Heli, well done, can't wait to see what happens with Pete later in the story Laughing
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 12:38 am

that's so nice part Heli, really! but i feel so sorry for Evelina and all these rumors..must be very annoying! :S
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:51 pm

Thank you girls! Very Happy
Lol, I don't have any idea what's gonna happen with Pete either... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 pm

I thought to post a new part since my final exams are over for now and I hopefully have more time to write. (:

The irritation which was caused by Pete disappeared soon when Elina told on Monday that she would spend the Midsummer here. It was only a piece of good news for me, I haven’t seen my sister for a long time. Even we were so different, we got along with each others very well. Of course there were fights and teasing between us but it was totally normal. Maybe my Midsummer wouldn’t be so boring after all I had first thought. Many of my mates were going to drink alcohol somewhere and I wasn’t interested in it at all. And I didn’t know my parent’s plans either. Usually they went to our summer cottage and Timo followed them. I had been there with them many times. Now things may be differently when Elina was coming here. I guess mom wanted to coddle her oldest child now that she finally was visiting home after many months. Of course phone and Internet had been invented but it wasn’t the same thing than speak face to face. I knew Elina would spend the Midsummer Eve with her friends so I didn’t have anything to do with their party. But I was sure I would have a chance to talk with Elina in some suitable space. I didn’t want to confess even to myself that I had missed her.

The whole week was passing by so slowly. The weather was pretty much bad, it was raining almost every day. I was afraid it would be as bad weather on Midsummer Day as it was now. And nobody wanted a bad weather for Midsummer for sure. I had to kill the time inside during the rainy days and it was really frustrating for me. I had to unload all my energy to something and usually I did it with sport. But now I didn’t want to be wet every time I went jogging. Timo’s Playstation helped a bit. We were playing all kind of games together like football and rally. It was scary to notice that little brother started to be better than me. My skills had become worse.

I used those rainy days for writing the late answers for my pen pals. I wrote some of them by my own hands, somehow the real letters were much nicer. Some of them I sent by e-mail mainly because of the distance. There were some problems in sending the letters to the other side of the world sometimes so that the letter was waited for weeks. Sometimes the answer came pretty fast.

Vili couldn’t cheer my days either, he had gone to Helsinki to visit his friend for the whole week and he would come back until after Midsummer. Obviously I should spend the Midsummer with my drinking mates when I was the only who wouldn’t take any alcohol. I wasn’t interested in being with my parents either.

Elina came home already on Thursday evening, she had managed to get Friday free. Mom forced her to sit down in front of the kitchen table and wanted to hear everything right away. Of course mom had made Elina’s favourite evening snack, warm sandwiches. For a moment I felt really jealous. Mom wouldn’t ever take me home like that. But the feeling went away pretty soon, I didn’t even need that kind of welcoming. I left mom and Elina to talk together and climbed to my own room with a few sandwiches I had taken from the kitchen. Mom would never do the evening snack for me even I would ask, that was sure.

After a moment I heard Elina climbing up all her stuff with her. I waited for a while after that before I walked quietly to her room. Elina had managed to spread almost all stuff from her bag around the room. It looked like she had never been away from there. I moved some clothes from the bed and took the other side of it for me. Elina was sitting on the bed already so our gossiping could start. This had been our little routine after Elina had moved to Helsinki to study. The first evening was usually that time when we could talk together in peace. At other time Elina was hanging out with her own friends.

- Well, tell me everything, Elina asked when I finally had found a good position on the bed.
- What all?
- Everything that has happened after you sent the last mail to me, she explained.
- I guess here haven’t happened anything worth of telling after that, I said after thinking a bit.
- No? Are you really sure? Elina asked hinting.
- Alright. Tell me what you’re meaning, I said.
I knew Elina too well that she could have disguised she knew something from me.
- I heard a rumour that you would have been watching a movie with Pete, Elina revealed finally.
- Don’t you start that now too, I complained suffering expression on my face.
- What? So it’s really true? Elina asked surprised.
- Well, maybe half of it is true, I answered and continued explaining when I saw Elina’s askew face. – I was sitting in the theatre already when Pete came in and sat down next to me. And of course everyone was thinking that we had agreed a date even I decided to go there on impulse, I explained.
- Should I believe your explanation? Elina asked a bit doubting.
- It’s totally same to me if you believe me or not, nobody else has believed me either, I sighed.
- I guess I have to believe you, usually you don’t sound so never mind -dude, Elina confessed looking at me long.
- Well, I have had to explain that almost two weeks without anybody would have believed me. I’m too tired to care about it anymore, I shook my head. – And I don’t even understand why Pete is acting that way that others get totally wrong image about everything.
- I’m guessing that he only wants to tease you on purpose, Elina was thinking.
- Oh yes. But why just me? I guess here are other girls who he could tease so much he just wants, I complained.
- Pete has known you always. He knows how you hate everything relating to dating and boyfriends. That’s why he can tease you so easily. Some unknown girl might take it too seriously and then Pete would be in trouble, Elina explained.
- I’ll revenge this some way to him, he can see that I’m not so easily being teased, I was mumbling angrily.
- Just remember not to do anything stupid, Elina warned.
- Don’t take care of me sister. I’m playing with same rules like Pete, I grinned.
I had an idea, I just needed some background information first before I could do it. And of course I needed a perfect timing.
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:19 pm

Hmmm what she will do...
Great part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Pete beware; payback's a bitch Laughing

Loved it What a Face
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Hahah Laughing
Thanks a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:27 pm

haha i wonder what she will do! more please!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Nice part Heli!!! Can't wait to see what she'll do although I have something in mind Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Thank you girls!
More... Hmm...Well, let's see... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

The Midsummer’s morning dawned pretty cloudy. Luckily it wasn’t raining…yet. It would have ruined many people’s party mood. And they hadn’t promised any rain for the evening either so burning the bonfire would actually be possible. The city had arranged it every year on the bank of the river but it always depended on the weather. The event drew usually pretty much people and I guess I was going there in the evening too.

I was alone at home in the morning. Dad, mom and Timo had hurried to grocery store to buy the last minute groceries and Elina had already left to meet some of her friends. I was sitting all alone in the kitchen reading the newspapers. I jumped up when mom’s phone started to ring on one of the kitchen tables. She was complaining to me about keeping the phone always with me and now she herself left it home. Tuula’s name was flashing on the screen.
- Eve, in Aila’s phone, I answered before I could hesitate.
- Oh, hi Eveliina, it’s Tuula here. I guess Aila isn’t there? she asked.
- Well no, she went to shopping, but I think she’s coming back soon, I explained. – What did you want to talk about?
- I would have liked to ask if you had wanted to spend the evening here, Tuula answered.
- Well… At least Elina and I aren’t coming because we have already plans for this evening. I don’t know about Timo, I guess he’ll be a bit bored there if Pete isn’t there, I was thinking.
- Oh yes, Pete wouldn’t agree to spend the Midsummer with us anymore. Not especially now when he has a girlfriend.
- He has a girlfriend? I pretended to be surprised, is it serious then?
- Well, at least it seems to be more serious than other cases. This is the first time when he has asked her a dinner with us and even introduced her, Tuula explained.
I couldn’t believe I would see the day when Pete would have a serious relationship with someone. Of course I couldn’t say that to Tuula. I promised to tell mom she had called and quit the phone call there.

When mom came home I told her Tuula had called. She accepted Tuula’s invitation. I had already guessed she would do that. It looked like Timo was going there too. I guess Pete’s different kinds of video games were the reason why he wanted to go there. I was a nice girl for once so I didn’t mention to mom anything about keeping the phone with her. Anyway, it was Midsummer.

We ate the dinner together before everybody left to different ways. Elina had appeared back home to change her clothes and stayed then to eat. After the dinner my parents and Timo left to visit Tuula and Seppo, I and Elina stayed still at home. I got to hear a lecture about what I was allowed to do and what not before they left. Like mom could supervise me there. At the same time I was sad that mom didn’t trust me, she couldn’t still believe I really wasn’t drinking alcohol the same way like majority of other youngsters were doing.

I didn’t want to go to the city yet, it was so cold outside also. But Elina was making herself ready in her room. Of course it was easy for her. She was already an adult so she could get in to bars to warm herself. I would have to stay out all evening and the bonfire would be on fire after many hours.
- Eve, can you come here?! Elina shouted from her own room.
I left my own things unfinished and went to Elina. She was sitting in the middle of the bed, a mirror in her other hand and mascara in other.
- Can you do my makeup, please? she asked kindly. – This asks a lot of more nerves than I have if I have to get along with these tiny mirrors, she continued pointing at her mini mirror disgusted.
- What colours do you want I use? I asked when I took the mascara from her hand.
- I dunno. Something that goes along with these clothes, Elina answered.
I looked at her clothes, a turquoise T-shirt which was open from the back and a jean skirt.
- Maybe something blue and white together…it would highlight your eyes, I muttered while choosing the best colours.
After a moment I had made a partying makeup to Elina’s face.
- I knew you could do that! Elina was playing happy while looking herself from the mirror.
- Could you do my hair also? she continued askew.
- How do you want it to be then? I asked.
- I don’t know really…Something that it can even get a bit wet.
After I thought a while I took Elina’s hair to a ponytail, I left only frontal hair to front. Then I put the ponytail to a bun with many pins and added a big amount of hair spray so it would stay well. I guess Elina was satisfied with my work, at least that’s what her face showed me.
- You really should use your gifts and not to go to high school, Elina sighed.
- I don’t want to be a make-up artist or a hairdresser, I answered strictly.
We had talked about this many times. Elina claimed I could makeup and make hairdos so well that I could have tried to get in to the vocational school. I just couldn’t see me as a hairdresser for example. I guess it was too girlish then. And besides it was totally opposite thing with my appearance, I used a little makeup and I did my hair only for parties. Elina was still thinking that world would lose one professional make-up artist in me but I didn’t turn my head. I wanted to go to high school, I wanted to learn everything that it could offer me. I didn’t want to learn what kind of hairdo would fit with whom or how the eye shadow was spread right way.

Elina stopped arguing when her lift came in front of the house. I left soon after Elina to walk towards the marketing place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71   ~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

~ The Summer Of Changes ~ Part 71
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next