Your Stories!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here your thoughts, feelings, imagination, your STORIES!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomend an author

Go down 
+2
Dimitra
Marjolein
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Heli

Heli

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Recomend an author - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 pm

Because it's true! Laughing
There's always a woman who goes somewhere and she's the new one in the city. Then the first scene is when a man comes there to walk with her... And after that everything strange starts to happen and they start to solve it together. And during that they fall in love and decide to get married and there's always the happy ending when everything is alright. Laughing
OR then the book starts with a man who travels to new city... xD Well, anyway the books are pretty similar but good ones!
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 pm

That is so true but still it's nice to read her books. I have about 48 her books Embarassed Razz
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Number of posts : 1616
Τόπος : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:57 pm

The books from kathy Reichs are somewhat the same as well, so I'm used to that xD
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:42 pm

Name: David Baldacci
Genre: Crime, thriller
Best books: Hour game (the only book I've read by him...) Laughing
Why they're the best: When I found the book from my home I thought it would be same kind of than all the crime investigation TV-series had been. But when I was reading the book I realized the book had different aspects. Sometimes I was laughing like a crazy; sometimes I had a disgusting look on my face while I read a description about a new murder. So, shortly: I was impressed that this kind of book can be funny as well. Oh, and all the murders were described pretty directly but not too treacly. Laughing

Mar, I guess you would probably like this book. Wink A little town where a murderer starts to kill people...with very different ways What a Face

I borrowed another book by him from the library today. Hopefully it's gonna be as good as the previous one was.
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Oooh.. Mar got curious now What a Face

*writes author down* I think I'll look for him in our library as soon as I finished the pile of books I own myself xD
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Goood! Laughing

I just finished "Split second" by David Baldacci. It was good too. The "Hour Game" would have been an independent sequel for it but I read them actually in wrong order... xD
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Name: PC Cast & Kirsten cast
Genre: No Thriller, no mystery Laughing Vampire Cool
Best books: House of Night-books
Why are they're the best: regular girl who's chosen to become a vampire, who deals with regular stuff, only darker.. It's awesome written and I laughed and giggled a lot during the first book. If you loved Twilight, you'll like this too (:
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Number of posts : 1208
Τόπος : Thessaloniki Greece
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Have all of them at home xD Haven't read them yet though xD
Back to top Go down
http://yourstories.heavenforum.com
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I finished the first one this morning and I want the other ones too Sad Damn Laughing Looks like I need to get me a job first
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 8:46 pm

I have all 6 ^^ xP
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:06 pm

The first one only xD In English on my laptop and in dutch in book-kind
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 pm

I have them all in english... it's really tough to make Greek publishers to translate books like that >.<
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Summer this year the second book will be translated. I'm lazy for once. I think I'll buy all of them in Dutch Razz

That sucks.. At least it's a good way to practise your English haha
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Yep... but I sooo got sick of reading english books xDD
Oh... recommendation

The Luxe By Anna Godbersen

Old times, forbidden love with the poor boy, intrigue, passion, it's AMAZING!!!
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Sounds like a soap opera Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Not at all... it's in the old times... its really one of the best books I've ever read... and I'm getting the continuation in a few weeks!!!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:20 pm

I still need to read five books before I can even think about new ones Laughing
I'll start in "the Kite runner" soon
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 pm

I don't know that one!
Which 5???
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:28 pm

"the Kite runner" by Khaled Hosseini
"A thousand splendid suns" by Khaled Hosseini
"Black notice" by Patricia Cornwell
"the almost moon" by Alice Sebold
and one where I forgot the title from, but it's written by Stephen King
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:29 pm

That Cornwell one reminds me of sth... I have no idea about the other ones though xD
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Got A thousand splendid suns with my graduation, The Kite Runner for my 17th birthday from my parents, The almost moon from Laura for my 17th birthday and the other two I bought myself. The Kite Runner is also a movie

I don;t know where you know it from xD
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm

Marjolein wrote:
Name: Carlos Ruiz Zafσn
Genre: Novel, Historical is that a genre..?
Best books: Shadow of the wind
Why are they're the best: Lovedlovedloved it. Zafσn writes so fluent, it's like you are the character, walking around in Barcelona. The sweet parts are sweet, the scary parts breath taking. It may be dificult to follow the storyline coz it's a book for adults, but totally worth the effort.

I'm reading that book right now! I accidentally got interested the Angel's Game book when I saw it in a shop. Then I went to library to see if there were any of his books and found The Shadow of the wind. Though I still don't know if I like it or not... Suspect Well, I've read only about 200 pages so far, perhaps that's the reason. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Heli wrote:
Marjolein wrote:
Name: Carlos Ruiz Zafσn
Genre: Novel, Historical is that a genre..?
Best books: Shadow of the wind
Why are they're the best: Lovedlovedloved it. Zafσn writes so fluent, it's like you are the character, walking around in Barcelona. The sweet parts are sweet, the scary parts breath taking. It may be dificult to follow the storyline coz it's a book for adults, but totally worth the effort.

I'm reading that book right now! I accidentally got interested the Angel's Game book when I saw it in a shop. Then I went to library to see if there were any of his books and found The Shadow of the wind. Though I still don't know if I like it or not... Suspect Well, I've read only about 200 pages so far, perhaps that's the reason. Laughing

Lol xD It's one of the best books I read so far (:
Tell me what you think about it when you finished it ^^
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:59 pm

It wasn't a bad one after all, it became better and better when I read it foward. And how he used the language..! I was reading over and over again some metaphors and thinking how someone can actually write something like that. Shocked
I would like to read the other books he has written but then I should order them from net in English or in Spanish. :S (except the Angel's game, of course) So, I guess I'll wait till my Spanish knowlegde is better and buy the original versions in Spanish... Laughing
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 9:42 pm

Marjolein wrote:
Name: Stieg Larsson
Genre: Thriller
Best books: Men who hate women (Only read that one so far xD)
Why are they're the best: The beginning is hard to get grip on, but once you got past it, it only gets better. The author writes in the pov from many people (not first person tho), and at the end you finally know why. You need to keep reading, otherwise you'll loose the storyline. It's one hell of an excuse to keep reading haha Laughing

I read that book yesterday and it was good. Now I'm reading that second one and I can't stop reading it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recomend an author
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Stories!!! :: Small Talk :: Books - Βιβλία-
Jump to: