Your Stories!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here your thoughts, feelings, imagination, your STORIES!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomend an author

Go down 
+2
Dimitra
Marjolein
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Marjolein

Marjolein

Number of posts : 1616
Τόπος : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Ish easy What a Face You just recomend an author Razz Paste this, and answer 'em

Name:
Genre:
Best books:
Why are they're the best:
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Bored ._.

Name: Kathy Reichs
Genre: Thriller, mistery
Best books: Dιjΰ dead, Bare Bones, Monday Mourning, Break no Bones
Why are they're the best: Kathy Reichs writes in the first-person, you read details, feelings and thoughts so weel, that it seems like you are Dc. Brennan. Amazingly written, I simply eat 'em Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Number of posts : 1208
Τόπος : Thessaloniki Greece
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Name: Sara Addison Allen
Genre: Can't actually tell xD
Best books: i've read just one till now, Garden Spells
Why are they're the best: easy to read books, no tiring at all, gets to the point and doesn't have extra describings that make you get sick of the book! Nice characters and a first seen (by me at least) story!

Name: C.S. Lewis
Genre: magic
Best books: Cronicles of Narnia (7 totally)
Why are they're the best: Unique story, mythical creatures and takes you to another world!

Name: Marianne Curley
Genre: Kinda magic and reality together
Best books: Old Magic
Why are they're the best: Loved the characters and the story!
Back to top Go down
http://yourstories.heavenforum.com
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Name: Stephen King
Genre: SF, Mistery, Thriller
Best books: Mysery, From a Buick 8, The Green Mile, Pet Semetary
Why are they're the best:Stephen King is a multitalent. He van write horrible stuff but also a sweet novel. You just need to know how it will end. Pet Semetary is a real page turner. The last 50, 60 pages are so exiting that you try to read them without breathing Laughing I tried, didn't worked xD
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 8:20 pm

Name: Carlos Ruiz Zafσn
Genre: Novel, Historical is that a genre..?
Best books: Shadow of the wind
Why are they're the best: Lovedlovedloved it. Zafσn writes so fluent, it's like you are the character, walking around in Barcelona. The sweet parts are sweet, the scary parts breath taking. It may be dificult to follow the storyline coz it's a book for adults, but totally worth the effort.

Name: Patricia Cornwell
Genre: Mistery, Thriller
Best books: The whole Kay Scarpetta saga
Why are they're the best: Well, she writes just as Kathy Reichs (only I prefer Reichs more mwehehe Razz ). Well written parts, good characters, amazing story line, which will keep you interested.
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 10:30 pm

Name: Stieg Larsson
Genre: Thriller
Best books: Men who hate women (Only read that one so far xD)
Why are they're the best: The beginning is hard to get grip on, but once you got past it, it only gets better. The author writes in the pov from many people (not first person tho), and at the end you finally know why. You need to keep reading, otherwise you'll loose the storyline. It's one hell of an excuse to keep reading haha Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:15 pm

You read too much thriller Mar xD
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Number of posts : 1108
Τόπος : Cyprus (Greece)
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 am

i was about to say that too Razz

Name: Rosamunde Pilcher
Genre: romance novels
Best Books: The End Of Summer, The Day Of The Storm, The Carousel (my favourite), The Shell Seekers, September, Snow In April...
Why they're the best: because it has a good plot, the main character is always a woman about 20-27 years old and when you read them it seems like you are the character. she always descripe the characters as good looking and mysterious Wink
Her books are especially popular in Germany due to the fact that the national TV station has produced more than 70 of her stories for TV
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

What can I say.. I love them Laughing Infected sorry. My mum reads them too, we share books Laughing My fave TV-shows are CSI, Numb3rs, Criminal Minds, Law&Order: SVU, CI, Wanted, NCIS, Jonathan Creek, Flashpoint, The Mentalist, The Listener, Medium, Supernatural.. I love action and mysetry, thrillers, how ever you wanna call it xD I do read novels, but it's not really my thing..
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:15 pm

xxolympiaxx wrote:

Best Books: The End Of Summer, The Day Of The Storm, The Carousel (my favourite), The Shell Seekers, September, Snow In April...
Why they're the best: because it has a good plot, the main character is always a woman about 20-27 years old and when you read them it seems like you are the character. she always descripe the characters as good looking and mysterious Wink
Her books are especially popular in Germany due to the fact that the national TV station has produced more than 70 of her stories for TV
I liked that one, do you have any idea if anyone translated them or if I could find them in Greece???? Please say yes xD Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Marjolein wrote:
What can I say.. I love them Laughing Infected sorry. My mum reads them too, we share books Laughing My fave TV-shows are CSI, Numb3rs, Criminal Minds, Law&Order: SVU, CI, Wanted, NCIS, Jonathan Creek, Flashpoint, The Mentalist, The Listener, Medium, Supernatural.. I love action and mysetry, thrillers, how ever you wanna call it xD I do read novels, but it's not really my thing..
I like action and mysteries too, but thrilers NEVER!!!! pale
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Aww.. Why no thrillers? They're amazing!
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:47 pm

I can't move around the house after I've seen a thriller!
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 1:56 pm

Haha xD I used to have that after I watched Supernatural, but I just tell myself that it's fiction, it can't happen where I live. My town is too dull for that ._.
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Dimitra wrote:
xxolympiaxx wrote:

I liked that one, do you have any idea if anyone translated them or if I could find them in Greece???? Please say yes xD Laughing
yes! Laughing they have been translated and her books are in any store in Greece. the only thing you have to say is "Rosamunde Pilcher" to the shopman and he will find them for you Wink

σου συνιστώ να πάρεις το 'Carousel' είναι φανταστικό!
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Dimitra wrote:
I can't move around the house after I've seen a thriller!

lol me too! i go to my room, lock the door, open the lights and for the next couple of hours i'm in my bed with my laptop in my lap watching funny stuff in youtube, or twilight stuff to calm me down Razz
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:06 pm

I sticking to the walls and hug my teddy bear! xD

Great, I'll try to find the books!!!!
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Name: Lauren Brooke
Genre: Animal xD
Best books: The Heartland Saga
Why are they're the best: It's about a girl who has to take care of her mother's horse range after she died. She gets help from her friends, sister nad grandpa. It's just a nice book. I read them when I was about 10, 12 maybe. Still love them. One of the books I've read 3 times Razz
Back to top Go down
Hen

Hen

Number of posts : 757
Τόπος : Rokytnice nad Jizerou
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:45 am

Lovely books of her...
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Agreed, my sister likes them too (:
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Book: Remember Me?
Writer: Sophie Kinsella (known for Confessions of a Shopaholic)

AMAZING Book, I LOVED it!!! Easy to read, nice story, lovely characters and a huge lesson to learn!
Back to top Go down
Hen

Hen

Number of posts : 757
Τόπος : Rokytnice nad Jizerou
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:37 pm

I love her.. Where is that book about?
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 6:21 pm

i didn't know that the confession of a shopaholic is a book- i only saw the movie Razz
the other book, what is it talk about?
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Yeah, it was originaly a book.

Well, it's about a girl, who goes aout with her friends on a club, and it's raining when they're leaving, and she slips and fell and when she wakes up she finds herself in a hospital and it's 3 years later, she is married with a very handsome guy, is the boss at her work and very rich, and she is told she just had a crush and she can't remember the last 3 years of her life, meaning neither her husband nor her job or even how she got it. And just when she thinks she has everything she really wanted she realises she is only a huge bitch who is torturing people at work and her friends have left her, and her marrigae isn't so magical as she thought at the beginning and her husband not so perfect as he looked. It's amazing...and most of all, it has a happy ending Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Makes me think of Samantha Who? Laughing
Not really fond of those books, it's a miracle if I rent a novel to read for a change xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Recomend an author Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author Empty

Back to top Go down

Recomend an author
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Stories!!! :: Small Talk :: Books - Βιβλία-
Jump to: