Your Stories!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post here your thoughts, feelings, imagination, your STORIES!!!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recomend an author

Go down 
+2
Dimitra
Marjolein
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

Number of posts : 1108
Τόπος : Cyprus (Greece)
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Recomend an author - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:26 pm

Dimitra wrote:
Yep... but I sooo got sick of reading english books xDD
Oh... recommendation

The Luxe By Anna Godbersen

Old times, forbidden love with the poor boy, intrigue, passion, it's AMAZING!!!

i'm a romantic type of girl so that cought my attention! nice summary, that must be interesting to read! Smile did you download it or bought it online?
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

Number of posts : 1208
Τόπος : Thessaloniki Greece
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:55 pm

I actually bought it on Metropolis... but I bought the continuation online from Amazon ^^
Back to top Go down
http://yourstories.heavenforum.com
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 2:05 am

oh that's great! i was thinking to buy it online, one question though: i have a card which i can use to buy things online but i only use it for ebay, can i use it for amazon too? or do i have to make another card for it?
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 2:10 pm

xxolympiaxx wrote:
oh that's great! i was thinking to buy it online, one question though: i have a card which i can use to buy things online but i only use it for ebay, can i use it for amazon too? or do i have to make another card for it?
I don't think there should be a problem if it's a bank card Razz You can use it anywhere Wink
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:05 pm

awesome! thanks hon!! x x x
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:45 am

Anytime Wink
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:16 pm

xxolympiaxx wrote:
i was about to say that too Razz

Name: Rosamunde Pilcher
Genre: romance novels
Best Books: The End Of Summer, The Day Of The Storm, The Carousel (my favourite), The Shell Seekers, September, Snow In April...
Why they're the best: because it has a good plot, the main character is always a woman about 20-27 years old and when you read them it seems like you are the character. she always descripe the characters as good looking and mysterious Wink
Her books are especially popular in Germany due to the fact that the national TV station has produced more than 70 of her stories for TV

I just read the end of summer! I really small book (for me at least) and very easy to read! A plus was the good ending XD
It was cool in general but more like a book I would rather borrow rather than buy ^^
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:52 pm

that's great! i know her books are kinda small, i read 5 of them in 2 weeks Razz she's my mother's favourite author so she "forsced" me to at least read one but i got so absorb in it that i read them all in the end. she's too romantic and describes the places with a lot of details for my taste but i love her plots!

a book that i would recommend for the present is Fallen by Lauren Kate

i haven't read it yet because i found it only in Greek and i want to try it in English as it's the original language.. Reviews said that it's the next Twilight Series and the twihards will love it the same... so...heh Razz

the Summary (it's pretty cool) :

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her

Recomend an author - Page 4 Falleni

oh btw.. it has nothing to do with vampires.. that's all i know Smile

Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

Number of posts : 1616
Τόπος : The Netherlands
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 pm

Mweh, I dislike sugary sweet novels.. pig I'm a little bit boyish when it comes to books: action, murder, suspicions, FBI, CIA..

Fallen sounded more like a vampire book, yet again Laughing I'll check it out when I get the time, but right now I am desperately searching for the original English Winnie-the-pooh book
Back to top Go down
xxolympiaxx
xxolympiaxx

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:25 pm

no it's not a vamp book.. i think it's about angels or something Razz
winnie?? Laughing you're craaazyy!!!! xDD
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Lol, I think people decided to open the mythical jar and write tons of mythical-creature-books

And you just figured that out? I thought you knew all along I was bananas Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dimitra
Administrator
Administrator
Dimitra

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 pm

xxolympiaxx wrote:
that's great! i know her books are kinda small, i read 5 of them in 2 weeks Razz she's my mother's favourite author so she "forsced" me to at least read one but i got so absorb in it that i read them all in the end. she's too romantic and describes the places with a lot of details for my taste but i love her plots!

a book that i would recommend for the present is Fallen by Lauren Kate

i haven't read it yet because i found it only in Greek and i want to try it in English as it's the original language.. Reviews said that it's the next Twilight Series and the twihards will love it the same... so...heh Razz

the Summary (it's pretty cool) :

There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.
Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her

Recomend an author - Page 4 Falleni

oh btw.. it has nothing to do with vampires.. that's all i know Smile

I have this one in English ;P
I haven't read it yet though and I just bought new books XD
You should order it from amazon.co.uk xP
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:15 pm

I got curious about this Fallen book now! Laughing The cover of the book looks so cool that I could actually read it only because of that picture. xD

Something I would recommend:
Name: Nora Roberts (surprisingly)
Genre: Romantic thriller
Best books: The Circle Trilogy; Morrigan’s cross, Dance of the Gods and Valley of Silence
Why are they're the best: I've never been really into any books about vampires but this time nothing could've stopped me reading these books. xD There's a circle of six chosen from different places and worlds and they have to save all worlds from a vampire queen who wants to dominate there. Actually I couldn't believe Roberts could write this kind of fantasy books about old legends mostly Irish ones. But then I realized this trilogy was almost better than the books which she has written usually. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Marjolein

Marjolein

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I once read a book from her. Mweh, I need new books anyway Razz I'll go lookie-lookie (:
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:59 pm

That Fallen looks interesting book but unfortunately we don't have any library here...
Back to top Go down
Heli

Heli

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:10 pm

katjuzka wrote:
That Fallen looks interesting book but unfortunately we don't have any library here...
Sδhδn asut pahemassa korvessa kuin mitδ me kainuulaiset tδδllδ susirajalla... Laughing

I don't know if they have even published the Fallen book here, at least my library didn't have it in English or Finnish... :S
Back to top Go down
katjuzka

katjuzka

Number of posts : 873
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Juu ni mie asunki Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recomend an author   Recomend an author - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recomend an author
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Your Stories!!! :: Small Talk :: Books - Βιβλία-
Jump to: